VACANCY – Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer
Salary in accordance with the substantive range of the National Joint Council spinal points 7-17 (April 2020) £20092 – £24491 (pro rata) depending on qualifications and experience with appropriate expenses paid for administration costs and travel.
Hours of work – 12 hours per week which includes one evening Council meeting monthly (held on the second Monday of the month 7.30-9.30pm) and additional meetings when required. Holiday entitlement 22 days rising to 25 days after 5 years of service (pro rata).
Working from home, we are looking for a self-motivated person to become our next Clerk to the Council (a laptop computer and mobile phone are provided). The role is part time and includes being the Council’s Responsible Financial Officer.
The successful candidate will need:
- Accurate administrative and financial skills with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to attend evening parish council meetings
- Ability to meet deadlines, to work alone and use of initiative
- Computer literate with confident knowledge of MS Office applications (including Word and Excel) internet, email and social media
- Ability to interpret and advise on Parish Council Governance
- Experience is desirable but not essential as training will be provided if required and/or a willingness to work towards the Certificate in Local Council Administration (CiLCA)
- An interest in community life
- A friendly and positive outlook
To Apply – please send your CV, with details of two references, one of whom should ideally be a past or present employer (references will only be contacted should an offer of employment be made) to email@example.com.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS – MONDAY 11TH OCTOBER 2021